Benefits of Sports Management Internships
Sport management is a field of study involving the business domain of sports. As this field is quite new, the job market is small. However, this does not mean that there are not opportunities out there. Students pursuing a career in sport management get jobs in event management, promotion and marketing, advertising, financial operations, athletic development and many more. The idea of building a career in sports is appealing to many people, but getting started is hard. Therefore, starting your career with sports management internships is a great starting point.
Working as a sports intern helps you decide whether to work in the area of sports management, sports marketing, or sports writing, etc. It also allows you to develop industry contacts, which is very important in this niche job market. Again, getting started in sports management is not easy. As with any job, you must need to first get your foot in the door and sports management internships is a perfect way. Sports management internships will help you build your network and get experience in an industry that not many people have. This will set you apart from your competition when you apply for full-time jobs. As sports management internships are rare, employers will value seeing it on your resume.
List of Sports Management Internships
- IMG (International Management Group) is a global sports business with network established in 30 countries. The company was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in New York. IMG believes in equal employment opportunities and offers world-class sports management internships every year which attracts thousands of candidates from all over the world. The sports management internships are 12-week long and unpaid. Summer and spring internships are also offered.
- Nike is a leader in the manufacturing of sports equipment and is one of the renowned suppliers of athletic shoes. The company is based in Oregon, United States. It is one of the most valued brands in the world with a brand value of $10.7 billion. Nike offers sports internships to creative and motivated individuals in product design, product development, finance, sports marketing, logistics, facility management and human resources. Paid summer internships are offered for three months starting in June every year.
- ESPN is one of the most successful sports networks in the world. This cable television network is situated in Bristol, Connecticut and focuses on sports-related programming including live and recorded event telecasts. ESPN offers 10-week long sports internships in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Sport management internships are offered in the categories of corporate, finance, accounting and sales and marketing.
- Adidas, a German international organization, manufactures and designs sport apparel and accessories. The company is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany. It reported annual revenue of €14.48 billion in 2012. Adidas seeks smart, ambitious and eager students to work with them for 12 weeks. Internships are offered in international business, sports management and marketing.
- FIFA (The Fédération Internationale de Football Association) is an international federation of football association, futsal and beach soccer. The headquarters of FIFA is in Zurich, Switzerland and it comprises of 209 national associations. It is known all over the world for organizing football world cup. On behalf of FIFA, the Host Broadcast Intern (HBS) program is offering internships to students to get a chance to work in the 2014 FIFA World Cup to be held in Brazil. These sport management internships are structured for the students enrolled in Brazilian universities and will be 1-3 months long.
For current openings in your area, please visit Indeed.com.
You may also be interested in these internships: