Get Your Degree!Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you. Powered by Campus Explorer
MOMA Internships - Description
MOMA internships are perfect for you if you have a passion for art. The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) is one of the best places to intern for. This art museum is situated in New York City and has around 150,000 famous artwork and 22,000 films produced till date. It is known to be one of the most prominent museums in the world. Founded in 1929 and renovated in 2004, the museum includes paintings, sculptures, drawings, photography, books and films. The museum also has a library which has around 300,000 books related to art including autobiographies of renowned artists. Every year, MOMA gets over 2.5 million visitors from all over the world. MOMA is always on the lookout for keen art lovers. It welcomes those who want to contribute towards preservation of art.
It offers seasonal internships and 12-month internships every year. MOMA internships require students to be available for a minimum three days a week with Tuesday being a compulsory day. The internships are unpaid, but stipends are offered to the interns enrolled in 12-month internship programs
MOMA Internship Opportunities
Currently, the following two types of internships are offered:
- Seasonal Internships – the following programs are available in this category:
- Summer Internships – apply in the fall or spring semester each year
- Fall internships – apply by May each year
- Spring Internships – apply by October each year
- Summer Internships - apply by January each year
- 12-Month Internships - the following programs are available in this category:
- Community and Access Programs Internships - apply by May each year
- Digital Learning Internships – apply by May each year
- Public Programs Internships – apply by May each year
- The Louise Bourgeois Internships, Department of Prints and Illustrated Books – apply by May each year
- Painting and Sculpture Internships – apply by May each year
- Research and Development Internships – apply by May each year
- Office of the Director Internships – apply by May each year
Benefits of MOMA Internships
For those who want to pursue a career in the art industry, MOMA should be one of their top choices for internships. The successful candidates get a chance to obtain theoretical and practical experience in museum work. The interns are provided a supervisor and on-the-job training. A weekly lecture series is offered to the interns and they are also given opportunities to attend curator talks. MOMA appoints a large number of interns and offers a challenging work environment. MOMA internships give students a chance to visit their warehouse and see amazing artwork that is not being exhibited. Meetings with top-notch artists are arranged so that the interns can make the most of their internship program by getting involved in creative discussions. No doubt, there are many perks to interning at MOMA.
Another benefit is that you will be surrounded by world famous art collections. This includes famous artwork like Van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Pablo Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, and Frida Kahlo’s Self-Portrait with Cropped Hair.
You may also be interested in:
By Diane Barlow