Ernst and Young Internship Overview
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Ernst and Young is known to be one of the largest firms that offers a wide array of professional services to their clients across the globe. It is a global organization with 167,000 employees sharing ideas and passion to help improve business organizations of different countries. An Ernst and Young internship will offer experience in a variety of industries including:
- Asset Management
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Consumer Products
- Government and Public Sector
- Life Sciences
- Media and Entertainment
- Mining and Metals
- Oil and Gas
- Power and Utilities
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
Ernst and Young Internship Types
This firm works in over 140 countries and was founded by Arthur Young (1863-1948) and Alwin C Ernst (1881-1948). The firm waves a banner with the motto “Quality in Everything We Do”. The firm offers four main services in which interns can work in:
- Assurance Services: comprises of Fraud Investigation, Financial Audit, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, and Dispute Services, and Climate Change and Sustainability Services.
- Tax Services: includes Business Tax Compliance, Human Capital, Customs, Indirect Tax, International Tax Services, Tax Accounting and Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Tax.
- Advisory Services: consisting of four subservices: Risk, Actuarial, IT risk and Assurance, and Performance Improvement.
- Transaction Advisory Services: deals with company’s capital agenda – preserving, optimizing, investing and raising capital.
Ernst and Young Internship Benefits
Through Ernst and Young internships, students will receive proper training, support and guidance together, and develop strong skills. Your experience will pave the way to a professional life in such a short period of time. Ernst and Young’s LEAP (Learn, Experience and Achieve your Potential) Internship Program is designed for you to experience what it is like to work in a professional service firm. The internships offered by the company are centered on their four service lines. When you do an internship with Ernst and Young, you’ll be part of a team dealing with real clients in one of these four service lines.
Summer Internships at Ernst and Young
Thinking about summer internships? Ernst and Young has it all for you. It is a 12-week summer internship that will let you engage with real clients and projects for the company. To start, you’ll have to attend an introduction to the firm and then soon you’ll be doing the same kind of work full-time employees do. In addition, Ernst and Young pays all of their summer interns. This way, the students are more motivated and productive for the firm.
The following are the internships offered by the company for undergraduate students with its functions and role:
1. Ernst and Young Internships in Assurance Services
Assurance provides organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report are reliable and relevant of their business.
- Assurance Services
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Assurance Services (Financial Services)
- Fraud Investigation and Dispute
- Financial Accounting Advisory Services
2. Ernst and Young Internships in Tax Services
Helping businesses navigate ever-growing and increasingly complex tax and regulatory changes. This requires advisors with a deep understanding of relevant legislation, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively.
- Business Tax Services
- Indirect Tax
- International Tax
- Transaction Tax
- Human Capital
- Tax (Financial Services)
- Transfer Pricing
3. Ernst and Young Internships in Advisory Services
Since Advisory is a diverse and fluid business area, your experiences will be wide and differentiated. You’ll be given responsibility to deal with complex business problems – an excellent way to build the skills you’ll need for a long and fulfilling career.
- Information Technology Risk and Assurance
- Performance Improvement
- Advisory for Financial Services
4. Ernst and Young Internships in Transaction Advisory Services
Here, you’ll advise businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Advisory
- Transaction Real Estate
- Infrastructure Advisory
- Transaction Support
- Operational transaction Services
- Valuation and Business Modeling
Other Information about Ernst and Young Internships
You may ask yourself why intern at Ernst and Young instead of other companies. The company promises you an intensive learning internship, career counseling, and personal development coaching from experienced and expert mentors. Besides the fact that it is a paid work experience, once you perform well in the company you could end up with a job offer from the company when you graduate. And it’s not just any company for your graduate job, it is Ernst and Young; one of the largest and most sustainable business firm across the globe.
For more information about current internship opportunities with Ernst and Young, please check out their website at www.ey.com.
You may also be interested in internships similar to Ernst and Young: