Deloitte Internship Overview
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, or commonly referred to as Deloitte, is one of the Big Four professional services firms in the world. It’s the second largest professional firm in the world in terms of revenue and comprises more than 193,000 employees from more than 150 countries. As with any of the other Big Four firms, Deloitte internships are very competitive.
Deloitte Internship Benefits
The company is a great place to land a job for graduates. Deloitte internships take many different forms. Deloitte offers internships during the school year and during summer. Summer internships last 8 to 10 weeks and internships during the school year are a semester long. When accepted as an intern, you will be working with actual clients along with the guidance and mentoring of Deloitte professionals.
Other benefits of doing a Deloitte internship include:
- Client Engagements: Deloitte interns will be assigned to a client project where they will be responsible for a particular part of a client deliverable, develop professional relationships through regular client interaction, gain analytics skills, and assist in determining client needs and recommendations.
- Professional Training: interns will be receiving at least two full days of training prior to joining a client engagement. Throughout the summer there are ongoing training events such a lunch and learns, industry/service line spotlights, and regularly scheduled training offerings.
- Mentorship: Each intern is assigned a Counselor and a peer Onboarding Advisor to guide and help them identify and pursue their particular interests through their experience.
- Local Networking and Social Events: interns have the opportunity to network with colleagues throughout the summer.
Successful interns at Deloitte may also receive a job offer once they graduate if they perform well. This will be a great way to get hands-on training, experience, and land a job while you’re still on school.
Deloitte Internship Opportunities
Deloitte internships are offered in many different areas, usually depending on your projects. The firm provides its clients with auditing, consulting, enterprise risk, financial advisory and tax services. Clients from all over the world come from a wide range of different industries. These industries include:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Banking and Securities
- Consumer Products
- Federal Government
- Health Care Providers
- Health Plans
- Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Private Equity, Hedge Funds & Mutual Funds
- Process & Industrial Products
- Real Estate
- Retail & Distribution
- State Government
- Travel, Hospitality & Leisure
Over the summer, Deloitte internships are also offered as part of the Business Analyst (BA) program. These are typically for undergraduate students who can work full-time during the summer.
Another Deloitte internship is their Global Internship Program (GIP). This allows a select group of interns from countries around world to be chosen as Global interns. Global interns will be handed with the opportunity of traveling to another country for about 4 weeks where you will learn business issues from different perspectives and challenges and at the same time develop cross cultural awareness. This will lead to a more dynamic experience where the knowledge and experience you gain will enhance any career path you end up choosing.
Interesting Information about Deloitte Internships
Undeniably, Deloitte is one of the best places to launch a career. Aside from the placement benefits it offers to its interns, the company was also known to have one of the highest-paying internships. So if you are a student, eager for the hands-on experience and interested in the business world, then a Deloitte internship is right for you. Good luck!
For a list of current Deloitte internship opportunities, please visit www.deloitte.com.
You may also be interested in these following internships: