Nursing Internships – An Overview
Nursing is considered to be one of the noblest professions. It is about providing care to the sick and unwell patients. The main objective of this profession is to maintain the quality of life of your fellow beings. Nurses provide their services for the betterment of physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual, social, and spiritual condition of the people. Well-structured education is provided to the nurses so that they can obtain the status of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN). Nursing internships are rewarding in the sense that it gives inner satisfaction while pursuing your licenses.
Benefits of Nursing Internships
The feeling one gets by successfully helping others and changing their lives in a positive way is beyond explanation. Unlike any other profession, nurses reduce the suffering of the people instead of working with machines and merchandise. Moreover, an internship at a nursing institute is beneficial for oneself too because it provides hands on experience on what you can expect in the real world. Nursing internships are also a great way to get an idea if this job is for you. Many people become afraid of seeing blood and injuries. For those, this is not the right job for you, but the only way to find out is through nursing internships.
Listing of Nursing Internships
Below is a list of nursing internships. Please do not limit yourself to this list.
- The Methodist Hospital System is a non-profit general and teaching hospital. It is one of the best institutes to do nursing internships at. The hospital was founded in 1919 and is located in Texas, United States. To provide internship opportunities to nursing students, the hospital has developed the Methodist Advancement into Professional Practice (MAPP). Both year-round and summer internship programs are offered in general medicine, general surgery, ICU, oncology and operating room.
- Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC), one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Places to Work in America, provides healthcare services since its founding. Though it does not have specific nursing internships, SOMC offers part time positions to nursing students.
Scripp’s Health, based in San Diego, California holds third position amongst best nursing teaching centers. This healthcare system was founded in 1924 and provides outpatient facilities, clinical research and medical education programs. Scripp’s Health offers a 5-week Summer High School Exploration Program and other quality programs to nursing students and graduates.
- Baptist Hospital South Florida, founded in 1960, is a nonprofit hospital which has been honored with “Magnet” of excellence in nursing. The hospital offers Versant Registered Nurse Residency Programs from March to August each year.
- Atlantic Health System occupies an important position in medicine. Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center, parts of Atlantic Health System, are well-known for providing cardiac services and neuroscience services. For nursing school students who are in their final year, paid Nursing Externship Programs are offered. The applications are accepted till January for the summer program each year.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a renowned institution for providing quality medical treatments to toddlers and teens. Registered nurses at this institute make annual salary of around $64,000. The hospital offers Pediatric Nurse Resident Programs for new graduate nurses so as to train them professionally. The enrollment for this program is done throughout the year.
For a current list of openings, please visit Indeed.com to find nursing internships in your area.
You may also be interested in the following medical internships: