Application Deadline: Closed
Timeframe: 06/01/15 — 08/10/15
Laureate Education Inc. Description
Welcome to Laureate International Universities, a leading international network of quality, innovative institutions of higher education. The Laureate network of more than 80 campus-based and online universities offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs to over 950,000 students around the world. Our students are part of an international, academic community that spans 29 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Our institutions offer hundreds of career-focused undergraduate, master's and doctoral degree programs in such fields as architecture, art, business, culinary arts, design, education, engineering, health sciences, hospitality management, information technology, law and medicine.
Every institution in our network operates as its own unique brand, guided by local leadership and actively involved in its community. Relationships among the institutions in our network are enriched with shared curricula, faculty, degree programs and student exchange opportunities.
At the center of our vision is value, as defined by our students and those who employ them. Professionally oriented curricula and in-demand degrees are delivered with an international perspective to help all Laureate students achieve a return in the global marketplace on their educational investment.
Our community is vast and diverse, embracing Laureate students, faculty, alumni, families and the employers who hire our graduates. With a passion for innovation and excellence, Laureate International Universities are making a positive difference in communities around the world. When our students succeed, countries prosper and societies benefit. Together, we are helping to make the world a better place.
Laureate Education Inc. 10 Full-time, Paid Requirements
Laureate Education, Inc. is currently looking for a dynamic Intern to join our team. The intern will work primarily with a specific business unit on special projects and assignment related to the departmental objectives. Our company is growing rapidly and can provide you with the hands on experience and knowledge to put you on the fast track after graduation.
The successful candidate will support cross-functional teams in a particular area of study – finance, business development, human resources, marketing, product development, information technology, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The intern will analyze information and create presentations for internal and external use.
• Working with substantial independence, the intern will analyze and review financial, operational and business development-related data.
• Support a broad range of other assignments with responsibility for recommending and implementing change in methods and procedures in addition to advising management on appropriate next steps.
• Special projects as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Working towards Bachelors Degree
• Strong qualitative and analytical skills and have ability to perform statistical calculations and evaluate results
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate with all levels of management
• Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of MS Office tools and project management experience preferred