Application Deadline: Closed
West Construction Description
Artificial Turf Co. Needs Construction Sales & Coordination Intern (San Diego)
Great for Civil and Construction Engineering Students.
We are looking for someone to be our Construction Sales & Coordination Intern. Experience in the construction industry is preferred. (Experience in Civil or Landscape construction industry is a plus)
We are a growing, full-service General Civil Construction Company that specializes in Synthetic Applications. We offer full design as well as installation of artificial turf and more! We have been in the industry for over 15 years now and are always looking for ways to offer more to our customers.
The job duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with potential customers at their homes for consultation, measuring project area, and taking pictures, in order to provide them with a future quote and design.
- Turn in Measurements and pictures to Designer and explain in detail what the customer envisions and wants in the future project area.
- Follow up with customers.
- Occasionally assist in customer presentations.
- Ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Coming up with ideas to bring in new customers.
- Bidding new projects and following up to schedule site inspections.
- Assisting superintendent to ensure that all construction services are delivered according to contact specifications, on budget, according to schedule and with a high standard of quality.
- Calculating and ordering materials needed, scheduling and coordinating installation team, and resolving any design problems.
- Purchasing and delivering of materials to job sites when necessary.
- Helping the crew to unload materials, and/or assist as necessary (we need someone who is not afraid to get dirty.
We are looking for someone who possesses the following qualities and skills:
- Must have valid CA drivers license and reliable transportation. Will be required to travel to job sites.
- Currently enrolled in accredited university seeking hours and credit for internship.
- Great customer and communication skills. We need someone that is friendly and outgoing.
- A fast learner, who is eager to learn more about the industry and our company and is self-motivated.
- Great organization skills.
- Someone who displays ethics and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
- Sales experience.
INTERNS WILL LEARN:
- Earthwork and grading
The Sales Intern will gain practical hands on experience as they assist our team and superintendent. This is a non-paid, part-time internship for college credit ONLY. Please only apply if you can receive college credit for the internship.
Status: Part Time
Hours: 10-20 hours
EEO Job Category: Intern
Please reply with a cover letter and resume.