30 West 141st Street Apt
A NYC based startup clothing brand, manufacturing and selling super cool graphic tops, is looking for an intern to join the team. We're seeking a fun, driven person to help with many aspects of launching and managing a new clothing brand: Product Development, Production, Merchandising, Marketing, Ecommerce, Social Media, PR. We sell via Ecommerce & some wholesale/retail. We believe work can and should be fun and in following your passion!
You’ll work with our founder, who has +7 years fashion industry experience. This is a big opportunity for great experience that could potentially lead to a full-time job.
Our ideal candidate likes to makes things happen…a self-starter who thinks outside the box, who takes ownership of their projects…someone intelligent, creative, curious, tech savvy, fun, with a positive attitude and willing to learn. This is an exciting, hands-on position – you’ll learn a lot, and even teach us a few things!
Tell us about you, your experience, why you’re interested, and please tell about some of your favorite things to do outside of work/school.
FASHION & GARMENT SOURCING & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
– Source new fabric and trim suppliers; new factories and partners
– Work with all to obtain swatches, headers, samples, prices, minimums, lead-times
– New product development and sample making
– Help with bulk production
– Visits to factory if/when needed
– Will work with founder on costs, cost negotiation, cost engineering
– Provide unit projections to factory
– Design and develop new styles & whole line
– Determine product assortment
– Determine and manage Inventory
– Help with both wholesale and ecom pricing strategies
– Communication with retailers and potential partners
– Customer/sales acquisition, and also re-engaging with the customers & community.
– Marketing across multiple channels: SEM/ SEO; Facebook Advertising; Email Marketing; PPC, display, etc.
– Blogging & Community engagement
– MailChimp, HTML responsive email experience preferred but not mandatory
– Managing and updating Ecommerce platform as needed.
– Managing ecommerce pricing, inventory, sales, shipping costs, etc.
– PR / Press engagement & writing
– Manage/update Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest accounts.
– Implement interesting and innovative campaigns.
– Instagram sales – we’ll give you % of sales from any social media sales!
– Use social media tools such as Tweetdeck/Hootsuite to manage campaigns.
AMCONYC 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Requirements
must be in NYC or NJ with experience in fashion or business