601 West 26th Street, Suite 1507
Surface Magazine Description
SURFACE IS THE AMERICAN MAGAZINE OF GLOBAL CONTEMPORARY DESIGN.
With an international team headquartered in New York, Surface is the definitive American voice of global contemporary design. Published ten times a year, the magazine provides a rich resource to discover groundbreaking projects, emerging talents, and innovative developments in the worlds of architecture, fashion, art, and design. More than a superficial survey of trends, Surface is the substance of style.
As an Operations and Finance intern, you will assist the company's Operations and Finance Manager to complete a variety of projects related to the inner workings, business development, and growth of Surface.
If want to learn exactly how a real, successful business runs on a day-to-day basis and would be excited to assist in the continuous growth of our company, please apply! Send your resume with a (very short) cover letter to [email protected]
This internship is unpaid but we will work with your college to ensure you receive credit. We offer interns the same perks and privileges as the rest of the staff, including a fully stocked kitchen, access to exclusive design events, and more!
Surface Magazine 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Responsibilities
Potential assignments could include:
– Analyzing circulation/distribution data to develop marketing budgets
– Processing and fulfilling orders, updating subscriber lists, and responding to inquiries
– Managing HR documentation and delivering training sessions on new softwares/platforms
– Chasing outstanding invoices
– Under direct supervision, helping to update QuickBooks
– Work with editorial and design teams to track print deadlines
– Uncover operational inefficiencies and develop solutions to streamline processes
Surface Magazine 2 Full-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Requirements
Pursuing college degree – ideally Junior/Senior majoring in Business.