456 East Foothill Blvd.
Athena Engineering, Inc. Description
To be successful in the real world, you need real experience.
Our internship and co-op programs offer ambitious students the opportunity to apply skills learned in the classroom to actual building automation projects.
Each intern is placed on a project, and mentored by a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager. Our unique, multi-disciplinary approach provides a hands-on introduction to the world of building automation design and integration.
Your experience will depend on the department and project you’re assigned to, and the point at which you enter the project. Our interns gain valuable experience at every project phase:
* Request for information
* Document control
* Subcontractor coordination
* Progress meetings
* Safety meetings
* Billing procedures
* Business Essentials
* HVAC Hardware for Controls
* Controls: Front-End, Programming, Graphics
Athena Engineering, Inc. Part-time, Paid Responsibilities
As the student intern enters the company, he or she is expected to assume, as much as possible, the role of a regular staff member. The responsibilities include:
1. Adhering to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior.
2. Adhering to company policies governing the observation of confidentiality and the handling of confidential information.
3. Assuming personal and professional responsibilities for his or her actions and activities.
4. Maintaining professional relationships with company employees, customers, and so forth.
5. Utilizing a courteous, enthusiastic, open-minded, critical approach to policies and procedures within the profession.
6. Relating and applying knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the company setting.
7. Developing a self-awareness in regard to attitudes, values, behavior patterns, and so forth that influence work.
8. Preparing for and utilizing conferences and other opportunities of learning afforded in the company.
9. Being consistent and punctual in the submission of all work assignments to the supervisor.
10. Providing the faculty coordinator with periodic progress reports (if applicable).
Athena Engineering, Inc. Part-time, Paid Requirements
Athena Engineering, Inc. offers paid and unpaid internships to qualified students students enrolled in construction, engineering or software-related majors. Internships last from three to six months and are open to students who have completed their first year of college-level courses.
Attendance at various meetings – from monthly safety meetings to staff meetings and jobsite tours – is required. As a result, you and your manager must develop a set schedule of at least 20 hours a week for the duration of your internship.
Interns for the Building Automation Department must have a basic understanding of the following in order to be considered for the internship program:
1. Programming – C or Visual Basic
3. Mechanical design – Implementing HVAC Systems
4. Electrical fundamentals, installation, and design
5. Reading of blueprints, drawings, and specifications
6. Control loops, inclusive of feedback loops