Application Deadline: Closed
Timeframe: 02/16/15 — 08/16/15
1403367 – Co-Op Engineering
Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions – because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC) is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions including products from 4K Smart TVs, Entertainment products, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Appliances, Cordless Phones, Beauty and Grooming products and more. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand ranked number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report.
Currently, PCEC has an immediate opening available for a Co-Op, Engineering. He or she will explore the latest consumer electronics technologies at Panasonic’s U.S. headquarters. Interact with engineers and business professionals. Activities involve product evaluations, research and prototyping toward improving Panasonic products. Our current concentration is on products in the area of home networking, cloud services, mobile platforms, digital photography, digital audio SmartTV and more.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion.
Co-op/Internships will involve:
• Evaluate and assess Consumer Electronics products
• In-depth tryout of all aspects of product’s software elements, still under development
• Discover and report bugs, usability and performance issues
• Proofread products menus, manuals, error messages, etc.
• Innovate and suggest improvements to new products
• Write code and build proof-of-concept prototypes of new product ideas
• Interact with global development teams (U.S., Japan and Europe)
• Use product management tools (ex. Jira, Crowdin)
• Prepare summary-level presentations for use by management
• Examine and quantify Call Center data, surveys results, Internet reviews and postings, etc.
• Help in the design of surveys and usability studies (human-factors).
Education & Experience:
• Must be a current student working toward a Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science. Have excellent research skills and strong interest in leading-edge technologies.
• Must have a familiarity with computer hardware, home networking, digital photography, digital music, entertainment devices (TV, Blu-ray, etc.) and mobile devices. Have a passion (hobby-like interest) in consume