850 Third Avenue, 3rd Floor
Interactive One Description
Interactive One engineering department. Additionally, write technical documentation for Interactive One software and do research into Design, implement, and deliver reusable, scalable, and valuable software that suits Interactive One's business goals and needs. Collaborate with other disciplines in determining suitable and viable solutions to opportunities. Senior Software Engineers are responsible for implementing server-side software components for Interactive One's various product offerings targeting African-Americans.
Interactive One Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Responsibilities
• Develop tools to automate and simplify internal repetitive yet important tasks
• Develop tools to monitor production environments and analyze production data
• Develop prototypes for upcoming projects and new technologies
• Write documentation for Interactive One platforms, development process, and development standards
• Research new technologies and tools that the engineering department is interested in leveraging
• Pair with other members of department to learn about different aspects of engineering for high-traffic, business-to-consumer web-sites
• Pair with other members of department on production, non-showstopper defects
• Pair with other members of department on refactoring existing code
• Participate in departmental code-reviews and discussions
• Build non-critical software and tools for other disciplines/departments
Interactive One Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Requirements
EDUCATION: Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, or other technology related field.
Along with your cover-letter and resume, please include a list of completed coursework and any relevant completed projects.
• Coursework in computer science or equivalent coursework introducing programming concepts
• Coursework or experience with object-oriented programming
• Coursework or experience with database technologies or database theory
• Coursework or experience with Linux, UNIX, or a similar environment
• Coursework or experience with mobile platforms a plus
• Coursework or experience with an Open Source CMS such as WordPress a plus