11 Park Place
Animal Care Centers of NYC Description
Assist Information Technology Team with helpdesk staffThis is primary an administrative support position in support of IT department management and helpdesk. It is basic secondary hands-on computer systems maintenance and helpdesk responsibilities.
Reports to: IT Support Analyst or Network Analyst.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist end users with tasks requested through helpdesk.
• Contact internal staff who request IT helpdesk support.
• Assist Helpdesk analyst with Installation and Testing End user hardware & software for example PCs, printers and telephones.
• Prepare basic IT instructions for users.
• Print Reports.
• Assist with HTML coding (Only for web design majors.)
Skills & Requirements
• Minimum age of 18 years of age.
• Positive, friendly, can-do attitude.
• Professional appearance and manner.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Good interpersonal communication and telephone skills.
• Ability to work and collaborate with a team as well as work on independent projects.
• Demonstrated reliability and ability to multi-task.
• Good computer skills, including the Internet, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Currently enrollment in any IT program/major.
Training and Support: Mentored on-the job training with IT Supervisor and IT Analysts.
Benefits: Exceptional and unique opportunity in one of the largest animal rescue and shelter operations in the country. Excellent for anyone interested in acquiring experience in Information Technology Administrative Operations and non-profit organization management. Professional recommendation and service letter provided upon successful completion of internship.