465 Huntington Avenue
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Description
The Museum of Fine Arts houses and preserves preeminent collections and aspires to serve a wide variety of people through direct encounters with works of art. Aiming for the highest standards of quality the Museum serves as a resource for both those already familiar with art and those for whom art is a new experience. Through exhibitions, programs, research and publications, the Museum documents and interprets its own collections, providing information and perspective on art through time and throughout the world.
The Museum creates educational opportunities for visitors and accommodates a wide range of experiences and learning styles. It celebrates diverse cultures and welcomes new and broader constituencies, stimulating its visitors in a sense of pleasure, pride and discovery which provides aesthetic challenge and leads to a greater cultural awareness and discernment.
The Information Technology Department is dedicated to the overall mission of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and supports the strategic plan of the MFA.
The IT Department supports about 1000 employees and volunteers from approximately 20 departments within the museum. This department provides a productive environment to our technology users, and facilitates the mission of the MFA through educational and access initiatives. We monitor, track, troubleshoot, and document any and all issues with MFA technology.
IT also manages a wide inventory of hardware, software, and related equipment. We value intelligence, resourcefulness, and diversity on our team.
This internship will allow the successful applicant to learn about the IT function in general, and the user support function in particular, within a large, multi-platform computing environment. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: general work intake process – calls, email, and in-person, inventory and administration projects such as auditing user accounts, documenting knowledge, entering records into databases, editing IT policies and procedures, responding to general IT support needs, setting-up and/or covering A/V events, and other projects as needed.
Attach a single MS Word document (NO PDF’s) containing your cover letter and resume to an email addressed to: [email protected] at your earliest convenience. Applications are accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
*Visit for more information.
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Part-time, Unpaid Responsibilities
• AD account audit (with help/ list from HR)
• Populate all relevant AD fields
• Weekly rotation of backup tapes (with Network staff troubleshooting any backup issues)
• Audit of server event logs (again with Network staff addressing any issues)
• User Account creation
• Assist with on-going inventory efforts
• Assist with efforts to clean up/ tidy up telco rooms here at MFA and SMFA that require attention
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Part-time, Unpaid Requirements
• Computer skills: PC, Windows Server AND Active Directory experience
• General knowledge of how spreadsheets and databases work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Commit to 10-12 hours per week ideally over 2 days per week through mid August
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to attend an orientation on either Tues, May 27 (9:30am) or Tues, June 10 (9:30am)