7763 Old Telegraph Road
KEYW Corporation Description
KEYW is seeking highly motivated software engineers/computer scientists/computer engineering interns to assist in the development of multiple software products and perform research-based development tasks. The computer scientist/engineer will work in small teams using different technologies to develop web applications as well as back end systems. Examples of development projects that the intern may be tasked to work on include research and development of dynamic ontologies, enterprise data indexing, natural language processing, intrusion prevention systems, and mobile applications.
Sampling of Projects:
• Research on existing Natural Language Processing and Data Extraction approaches, algorithms, software frameworks.
• Implementation of visualization tools and graphical user interfaces for enterprise systems.
• Network penetration testing, analysis, and mitigation
• Develop smart phone “fingerprinting” forensics analysis toolkit.
• Adaptation of surveillance and security smart phone software for Law Enforcement Applications.
• Architecting the next generation IDS, IPS (intrusion detection/prevention system) for DHS.
KEYW Corporation 2 Part-time, Paid Responsibilities
Since many technologies could potentially be used, candidates should have an extremely strong foundation in software and hardware principles, and be familiar with C, Java, and one or more scripting languages, preferably Ruby or Python. Web development experience and benchmarking experience are also desired for the position.
An ideal candidate for this position should thrive in a small team and should be a problem solver. The candidate needs to be flexible to adapt to a variety of problems and projects, and be able to work both independently and in groups. In addition, candidates are required to be able to analyze and break down problems especially well, and either design or modify software architectures to adapt to problems accordingly.
KEYW Corporation 2 Part-time, Paid Requirements
• Real-world experience with software development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java.
• Knowledge of the C programming language.
• Knowledge of either Ruby, Python, or another common scripting language.
• Experience working in a Linux environment.
• Extremely strong computer science software and hardware fundamentals, including advanced knowledge of algorithms.
• Strong desire to solve complex problems using both analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
• Database development experience with both SQL-based and non-SQL databases.
• Experience in test-driven development and benchmarking.
• Network programming, mobile application development, network security knowledge, embedded systems, and system administration skills are all welcome.
• Mobile apps: Objective-C of AppleiOS and Java for Google Android OS
Location: Severn, MD
Degree: Some college level education
Clearance: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
KEYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.