320 West 13th st
Blesso Properties Description
We are assembling a dynamic team of individuals from diverse disciplines to drive a new company we are launching to disrupt the housing model and have a position for an Analyst.
This is an exciting internship for a confident current under graduate student looking to gain exposure in a number of different disciplines (including real estate, marketing, finance, operations, hospitality and events). You will be an integral member of the team and work alongside the principals/senior managers.
Blesso Properties () is a socially-conscious real estate and hospitality company with an established record of executing innovative projects and earning outsized returns. Our commercial and residential projects combine forward-thinking architecture with a sensitivity to history, sustainability and the urban environment. The company has set multiple pricing records on its residential projects and garnered numerous design and hospitality awards. The company was also recently selected as a top-5 finalist in the New York City sponsored design competition and RFP referred to as “adapt” and commonly referred to as “Mayor Bloomberg’s micro-unit initiative”.
Blesso Properties Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Responsibilities
• Compiling and managing research (residential, commercial and hospitality market analysis in NYC; monitoring rental/condo pricing for select areas; mapping; comp analysis)
• Developing operating models for different property types
• Providing support to various team members (acquisition/construction/property management)
• Researching sustainability practices and techniques
• Researching grants and other financial subsidies
• Participating in our think tank meetings and working collaboratively
Blesso Properties Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required) Requirements
This position requires an individual with initiative, drive and a genuine interest in working for a unique firm that combines real estate development with operating businesses in a start-up culture, which focuses not just on profitability but having a positive social mission.
The candidate will be tasked with supporting current and future projects by providing background research, analysis and underwriting. We are located in two markets – NYC and Panama, fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Capable of stepping in to a dynamic start-up environment and taking initiative
• Self-motivated, creative and sociable
• Hard-working, curious mind and perseverance
• Must be able to pick up new tasks quickly and manage projects independently
• Gathering and synthesizing information
• Compiling and managing research
• Problem solving abilities
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Team oriented attitude with a genuine interest in real estate development
• High level proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail and timely follow through
• An entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dedicated team
• Passion for our business and a willingness to work long hours (when necessary)
• Genuine interest/experience in working for a socially conscious firm
• Currently pursuing under graduate in either Real Estate Development or Real Estate program
• Completed minimum of 12-credit points (must have completed either Financial Investment Analysis or Real Estate Valuation Feasibility)
• Knowledge of Property Shark, loopnet, Tax and Sanborn maps
• Reading and speaking Spanish is a plus