633 West 5th Street, Suite 980
Town Hall Los Angeles Description
The Programs and Marketing internship at Town Hall Los Angeles provides students with valuable first-hand experience in a dynamic, fast-paced non-profit. Interns attend and help to produce our signature events. The internship is divided into three components – research, marketing, and program management. Interns enjoy a close working relationship with Town Hall staff as well as exposure to the top executives and thought leaders in Los Angeles. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applicants should have an interest in regional and national civic issues, marketing and/or event production.
One of the Top 10 Leadership Forums in the nation, TOWN HALL Los Angeles has been a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization supported since 1937 by foundations, corporations and Angelenos who believe in open public discussion. Our mission is help Angelenos be informed about timely, compelling issues that impact their businesses, communities and personal interests. Town Hall is dedicated to promoting civic participation through public discussion of issues of regional, national and international significance.
The following is a representative list of speakers at TOWN HALL from 2016 – Present:
• Jim McDonnell, Los Angeles County Sheriff
• Dr. John C. Williams, President & CEO , Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
• Dr. Yvonne Cagle, Astronaut, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
• Former Mayors, The Honorable Richard J. Riordan and The Honorable Antonio Villaraigosa
• Jerry West, Player, Coach and Executive, Los Angeles Lakers (Retired)
• The Honorable Barbara Lee, congresswoman (CA-13), U.S. House of Representatives
• Dr. Ken Washington, Vice President, Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Motor Company
• Ambassador David MacNaughton, Canadian Ambassador to the United States
• Deborah Flint, CEO, Los Angeles World Airports – LAX
• Thomas Priselac, President, Cedars-Sinai Health Systems
• The Honorable Dave Jones, California Insurance Commissioner
• Chief Charlie Beck, LAPD and Chief Ralph Terrazas, LAFD
• Stephen Cummings, President & CEO, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
• Gillian Zucker, President, Los Angeles Clippers
• Stan Kasten, Co-Owner & President, LA Dodgers
• Tim Robbins, Actor & Founder of The Actors Gang
Town Hall Los Angeles 3 Part-time, Unpaid Responsibilities
• Be proficient on PC and Mac systems, as well as Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills
• Must be comfortable with learning protocol, archiving and research via the internet. Interns will use archives and current events to assist in marketing campaigns.
• Be self-starters with strong critical thinking and research skills.
• Be available 10-20 hours a week. (Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
• Arrange, if selected, to complete the internship for credit.
Town Hall Los Angeles 3 Part-time, Unpaid Requirements
Ideal candidates are college students or recent graduates in Business/Marketing, Communications, Public Affairs/Administration or Political Science/Public Policy. Besides an outstanding learning opportunity, TOWN HALL will compensate up to $10/day for parking.