194 Bellevue Ave.
International Tennis Hall of Fame Description
The International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum chronicles the history of the sport through a diverse collection of memorabilia, art, fashion and more from the 12th century through present day. Items on display include trophies and attire belonging to game’s biggest stars, vintage tennis equipment, video highlights of great matches and tennis wear ranging from Victorian dresses to modern athletic fashions. Since 1955, the International Tennis Hall of Fame has honored 211 of the game’s greatest champions, innovators, and contributors, including legends such as Rod Laver, Fred Perry, Billie Jean King, John McEnroe, Stefanie Graf, Martina Navratilova and Monica Seles. Set in the Newport Casino, a National Historic Landmark which was designed by the American architectural firm McKim, Mead & White, the buildings that house the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum were initially intended as a social club for Newport's rich and famous, and are now considered one of the world’s finest examples of Victorian shingle-style architecture.
The Mobile Marketing Street Team hits the streets of Newport & the greater area from late May through August promoting the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum and the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships to the general public. The enthusiastic team generates interest in the Hall of Fame museum & tournament by going out on the streets and providing background information to the public about both the museum and tournament, updating the public about future happenings, distributing posters and brochures, engaging visitors through impromptu tennis on the sidewalks, in addition to trivia, giveaways, and more!
All applicants must come from accredited schools, be applying for a school-approved internship and receiving credit. Students receiving academic credit receive a $20 per day stipend.
International Tennis Hall of Fame 5 Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required) Responsibilities
• Scheduling with other team members to fulfill necessary time slots
• Building marketing strategies and plans for the Tournament and Museum
• Creating a stronger knowledge of the Hall of Fame and their activities in the community
• Following up with Supervisor with a weekly report
• Ability to access the viability of the program
• Work closely with MMT sponsors
• Create programs/activities for MMT to incorporate into their daily schedules
• Work with Supervisor on other duties as assigned
International Tennis Hall of Fame 5 Part-time, Paid (College Credit Required) Requirements
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to memorize a great deal of information
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work independently and show initiative on duties