212 Marine Street
Shindig Society / Endeavor Society Description
A preliminary note: Although this internship requires that interns be available to meet in Santa Monica or Venice for 2 to 4 days a week, much of the work may be able to be completed remotely over time.
• We are a fresh, innovative and quickly growing event conception and realization company.
• Our management team has decades of experience with event promotion and production in the nightlife, extreme sports, travel and hospitality industries.
• We are poised to launch many new ventures in Southern California that will have high exposure, extreme energy and become known as a staple to the community during 2015. 2016’s grown will be to other metropolitan areas while launching more fun and compelling activity opportunities for the greater Los Angeles area.
• Our values are in collaborative relationships, open idea sharing, empowering our partners to succeed in their professional and personal goals and in taking risks to achieve outstanding results.
• We strive to recruit from within, train promising candidates for promotions and empower our team to rise to the next level. If you excel as an intern you should expect to be offered a paid position within the company in a matter of months if not weeks.
Shindig Society / Endeavor Society 3 Part-time, Unpaid Responsibilities
3 Month Commitment
This is a fantastic entry-level opportunity for someone who wants to build a career in computer science and software engineering in an event business and marketing heavy setting. Interns who meet our expectations will be showered with praise in their references and those who exceed expectations may be considered for paid positions. If you want to be a part of this team you must be open and willing to:
• Participate in creative brainstorming, roundtables and strategy sessions
• Assist with daily event production planning including technology leveraging analysis of large, live events
• Assist with office operations related to the technology functions of the operation
• Analyze and report on the company's social media and website performance
• Frequently participate in branding exploration activities and marketing research feedback related to utilizing technologies
• Commit occasional evening and weekend hours to produce tools as needed
• Comfortably operate in a fast-paced environment
• Help create solutions and participation in delivering dynamic experiences through technology for our customers
• Assist with Social Media Marketing and positive event experiences via a strong technology presence
• Be creative, flexible and think outside the box
• Telecommuting when it becomes optional over time
• Assists in the design and development of website and apps, using well thought-out and organized technology
• Responsible to and incorporate current technology practices into each unique product to produce up-to-date, highly functional, custom tools
• Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
• Coordinate with teams to utilize technology in improving communication
• Contribute in improving functionality and profitability for computer systems
• Utilize strong written skills and bring effective technological products from concept through to completion
The internship is unpaid; however if your school offers an internship program in which you can receive credit we will review their expectations and requirements and do what we can to support the program.
Interns who complete a 3-month program will be considered for paid positions within the company.
If selected, you will be contacted ASAP for a preliminary interview.
We will conduct recruiting campaigns until all openings are filled.
Shindig Society / Endeavor Society 3 Part-time, Unpaid Requirements
We are looking for you; a sharp, quick learner to assist with the interface of the company to the public through web and apps, internal technology decisions, implementation of technology related decisions, use of technology to analyze operations, leveraging technology to drive sales, empowering technological tools to dynamically enhance clients' experiences, etc,.
You are able to commit a minimum of 15 hrs a week; 30+ hours preferred.
The Ideal candidate:
• Motivated, ambitious, team-player, driven, self-starter (We’re looking for future leaders.)
• Interested in the field of entrepreneurship and working with startups
• Strong organizational skills
• Very familiar with technology platforms, website and app design and computer applications related to marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent high output productivity with time management skills
• High level of integrity, accuracy, efficiency, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
• Must be able to work proficiently on tasks with little need for redirection after explanation of job expectations
• Display a high level of understanding of software, hardware and computer languages
• Creative, artistic and risk-seeking personality
• Working towards a BA or certificate from a Computer Science or Business school
• Experience with building and maintaing websites and smart phone applications
• Have IT competency in the following: hardware infrastructure, networking, web development (front-end and back-end), SEO
• Understand how computers and software can increase efficiency
• Possess skills in analyzing, formulating, trouble-shooting, and synthesizing
• Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Open to constructive criticism and client feedback
Pursuing a major in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, Computer Science, Management, Entrepreneurship, Communication Studies, Physical Education, Psychology, Humanities, Art, Sociology or related path.