3315 Sidney Brooks Dr,. suite 200
South San Antonio Chamber of Commernce Description
Key Characteristics/Desired Competencies
• Committed work ethic
• Eager, outgoing, personable
• Strong Communicator
• Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
• Willingness to learn
South San Antonio Chamber of Commernce Part-time, Unpaid Responsibilities
In addition to learning and networking with local businesses, South Chamber Communications interns are generally responsible for:
• Creating and managing a Social Media Calendar across multiple platforms
• Writing press releases and media announcements
• Writing content for social media, eblasts and marketing documents
• Various research projects
• Event Planning and management assistance
• Managing PR coverage
• Administrative support
Other duties and responsibilities:
Manage Chamber office in the absence of staff. If a situation arises which requires an unusual immediate action or response, consult with staff member prior to action.
Provides necessary typing and other clerical support.
Maintains historical documents.
Other items as necessary.
South San Antonio Chamber of Commernce Part-time, Unpaid Requirements
Relevant/Applicable majors preferred (Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Communication, Business) Must be a Junior, Senior or Graduate student.